How race matters in romance (x)
Responses to Black Women were far less than all races, including by their own race.
KEY FINDINGS OF THE AYI STUDY
- Men from all different races prefer a partner of another race over their own.
- Black men and women get the lowest response rates to their messages.
- Most men prefer Asian women (with the exception of Asian men).
- All women (except black women) are most drawn to white men.
- Asian women seem to most strongly favour advances from white men.
- Men are least likely to respond to ‘likes’ from black women.
- Men respond to women around there times more often than women reply to men’s messages.
Misogynoir and Asian women fetishization rampant in these results
Bottom line: it’s good to be a white man
reasons why we tell people to think critically about their race based preferences.
wow. this upsets me so.